I have been avoiding doing anything overly productive by doing writing tags instead. I could be working on a review, a creative response, something related to the building up assignments I have. Instead I thought I’d do something to let you know about my current work in progress novel. Which still sort of counts as work, right? *nervous sweating*
This tag was made here and for it I will be using my novel “Broken Dreams” which is probably a little too work in progress to start doing tags for but oh well. The story is the people of Hell and angry and starting a rebellion against those in Heaven. The main character, Opal, is a Dark Hunter who lives in Heaven which makes it her duty to help keep the peace between the two worlds.
1. A crazy hacker’s gone into your computer, and has deleted all of your music, except for one song off of your writing playlist. Which song is it?
Going To Hell – The Pretty Reckless. It is a song that fits the tone of the rebellion and matches the anger of those in Hell. The lyrics are even relevant to how some of the main characters in Hell ended up in Hell.
2. Your protagonist and antagonist have been paired up by friends to go out to lunch together. Where do they go?
4506 and my protagonist Opal could very realistically be set up to have lunch together in the Unnamed Camp by the other Unnamed. They spend a lot of time together in the camp and they usually hate each other. They are very different people with one being a guy on the wrong side of Hell and the other being a Dark Hunter trained to push down people like him.
3. You’re crossing a bridge when the troll living under it stops you. He demands to read a chapter from your novel, and won’t let you cross otherwise. Which chapter do you give him?
Chapter 3 – Zeo Rhymes With Leo.
It is a chapter I think can cater to whatever aspect of the story you are into. It starts off with Opal getting a smoothie with her best friend as their usual post-training ritual and by the end of the chapter someone is being tortured. It is the change of tone that signals that the rebellion is coming.
4. Your friends have invited you out to a party. Surprise! All of your characters are there. Who do you choose to hang out with?
Am I dead? Most of these people are dead. Anyway, if I’m here with all of them I’d probably go for Lennon. He hates large crowds and so we can both be at the side avoiding interaction together. Plus, his younger sister has probably run off with his only friend so he is probably going to need the company.
5. Crap. You left your car keys in your house, and you’ve (somehow) locked yourself out. Which of your characters picks the lock for you?
Lilah, the aforementioned sister of Lennon, is perfect for this. She is the street smart girl and probably knows how to pick locks after locking herself out of her apartment one too many times. Then maybe she just wanted to impress a girl and thought that would be the coolest way how.
6. The zombie apocalypse is happening right now. (It sucks.) Everyone is fleeing the planet, and moving to Mars. ONE of your characters can go with you. Who do you choose?
It is going to have to be Lennon again. He is the book smart guy and I think while traveling and setting up new civilization you are going to need some book smarts on your side. The main issue would be if he will leave his sister and best friend behind to come with me, probably not.
7. You’ve been given the opportunity to travel to one place (town, building, landmark, country) in your book. Where do you go?
As a matter of respect I will have to chose The Memorial. These are two stones with the names of everyone who died in the arena attack carved into it. I will go, maybe put down some flowers, and just pay my respects to the people lost.
8. You meet your main character and start a conversation with them. Problem is, you’ve only got six words or less to do so. What do you say?
“The show is not worth it.”
Opal is obsessed with the annual show in Hell and if anything is going to get her talking to me it will be talk against that show. I probably won’t convince her not to go though, after all, without he going to that show the story has no plot.
9. Crazy acid rain is falling from the sky. Which of your characters would you use as an umbrella?
The real guys in needing of an acid rain shower don’t come in the story until really the second book. However, here in the first book the character of Kiyoko Evans is probably the most deserving of it. She is the diplomatic representative of Hell who appears to be supporting Ivy’s rebellion. However, once it comes time to decide what they get for winning she ditches the ideals of the rebellion by giving herself the best deal while pushing everyone else in the dust.
10. You’re out at a restaurant with your main character, and the time has come to order dessert. What do you order for them?
Anything cinnamon related is good for Opal as she simply adores the smell of it. Perhaps something like spiced apple pie will be good enough to make her forget her usual health nut self.
So that is the writing tag for my current work in progress manuscript. ^-^ I hope you enjoyed it and enjoy the rest of your day too. I’d tag someone specifically but I wasn’t even tagged in this so you may as well just do it if you want to.